Are you a nontraditional bride? Not sure? Let’s spend a few minutes to discover the type of bride-to-be you are when it comes to your wedding venue. If you never dreamt of saying your “i do’s” in a house of worship, this makes you a non traditional bride in our eyes. We consider a modern bride to be nontraditional bride who does not want to leave her getting ready location in a stretch limo with her bridesmaids while the groom leaves his getting ready location with his groomsmen to meet at the altar at their house of worship.
So here are a few things tips & things to consider:
1. You site should be able to handle your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in separate spaces.
2. If you found a venue that only has two speparae spaces, means they will have to flip the room. Which space are you going to double up on? Where are your guests going to be ushered while the room is being turned/flipped?
3. If your venue space needs to be flipped, you may have to pay extra for elaborate decor as the florist, stylist will have to bring on a mini army to get the job done within the allotted time – usually 45 mins to 1 hour.
4. If the room flip is going to take longer than 1 hour, you will have to get creative with entertaining your guests & have a good amount of appetizers + cocktails.
5. Don’t forget to have a final meeting at your venue to review and discuss your itinerary, floor plan and logistics.